While it might sound a tad trite it is in fact true, now two projects are the same, and API development and implementation projects are no different in this respect. The process invariably starts with a conversation, information sharing and fact gathering stage – this helps ensure that we understand:
- what you are wanting to achieve e.g. what does project success look like to you?
- where you are starting from e.g. what systems are you currently using, where is your data stored?
- what are your biggest headaches or opportunities e.g. what are the main drivers for the API project?
- who are the main stakeholders e.g. do customers / suppliers need to be involved, or perhaps other departments of your company?
- timescales and budget e.g. when do you need the project delivering by and how much should it realistically cost?
After the initial fact-finding stage we can pull together a specification for the API development project which will include a detailed project plan and a quote for completing the API project for you.